Why Work At Forge?
As of 2016, nearly 60% of the US population works an hourly job, in retail, restaurants, call centers and hotels. Recent legislative changes and macro-economic factors have placed tremendous pressure on employers and their workforces. As a result, businesses are turning to software for answers to their most complex and urgent needs. High among their concerns – hiring and retaining quality talent long term.
Forge is building an end-to-end, source to retention platform, that empowers their clients to efficiently source, train and schedule hourly employees. On the front-end, employees use the Forge application to find new job opportunities, book shifts and rate their Managers on a daily basis.
Joining the Forge team means you’ll be hands-on in designing and building this dream which will benefit millions of companies and people across the globe. In addition to having a real impact on the world, you’ll be joining a venture-backed team with a founder who has a previous acquisition under her belt.
Who We're Looking For
We're looking for candidates who aren’t afraid to voice an opinion, and thrive in an environment where you're expected to contribute, test new ideas and make progress on a daily basis. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who will take the reins and start building.
About The Job
You'll be working alongside iOS and Android engineers building the Forge platform by creating high quality NodeJS apps and services.
- Focus on shipping quality software -- and testing it before you ship
- Product-minded: You’re not just building software, your name is on it
- Appreciation of full ownership of your work-product, from design to deployment
- Have empathy with our target audience and know the value of a simple, intuitive product
What We're Looking For
- Computer Science fundamentals
- Expertise with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience writing enterprise-grade APIs and SDKs
- Experience with microservice architecture and design
- Experience with concurrency, asynchronous & multithreading patterns
- Experience working on a small team using version control and agile development methods
It's Even Better If You
- Have 3+ years of experience
- Are curious about the Future of Work
- Like learning new skills & frameworks
- Want to make a huge impact on the world
- Are comfortable with frontend web technologies
- Want to work with a dynamic, experienced team
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits for you and dependents
- Apple Equipment
- Unlimited Vacation
- Competitive Salary